DUR TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES WE REGRET THAT WE SHALL NOT BE OPEN ON MONDAY 14TH AUGUST FOR OPEN STUDIOS
We look forward to welcoming you at our exhibition at Sannox Christian Centre this August, where a number of Artist Friends of Sannox will be exhibiting. There will also be a number of workshops on offer (see below for further artist and workshop details).
I am passionate about colour and love experimenting with different materials and textures, inspired by the world around me. Workshops allow us to discover and develop together. Experimenting with a variety of media brings exciting results and I have no idea where the adventure will take us but I know that possibilities are limitless!
- Mixed Media. Using a heat to transform the following: packing, ice cream wrappers (officially known as Tyvek), lutradur, crisp packets, organza, ribbon, fusible fibres etc.
- Creating art pieces, possibly adding beads, jewellery, nepps, found objects and other media on a variety of surfaces.
- Watercolour adventures. Using watercolour crystals that produce vibrant results with found objects and stencils. Results are completely unpredictable and great fun for all ages!
The second of our artists is Moira Shirreff, who is returning again with her Arran landscapes painted on wooden chairs.
Emma has a background in stained glass windows and along with exhibiting some of her works will be offering four different workshops throughout the AOS weekend.
The main workshop will be Stained Glass Collage – this involves using beautiful pieces of coloured glass, to create your own transparent pattern or picture in a small frame.
She will also be offering three other types of workshop this year for those who enjoy being creative and wish to develop their artistic skills.
- Paper Collage – create a unique piece of work by layering found and painted papers.
- Quick drawing skills – learn to really look and sketch spontaneously hopefully in the outdoors.
- Contemplative Pebble Painting – explore your pebble’s surface using Posca Paint Markers.
Each workshop will last around 45 min. Details of exact times and how to book will be available here shortly.
To be updated further
Sannox Christian Centre, Sannox, KA27 8JD.
Paths and church are wheelchair accessible. Further parking available at Sannox Beach car park.
From Brodick, travel north through Corrie and Sannox villages. At north end of Sannox village go over a bridge and turn right into a narrow lane, opposite Corrie Golf Club.
Opening hours:Fri, Sat, Sun: 10:00am - 5:00pm